The Spring League is approaching the final weekend of their regular season before their championship game takes place on Saturday, June 19th on FOX.
The big news surrounding the Spring League is the return of The USFL in 2022. Many insiders expect TSL to fade into the background with the USFL heading to the forefront on FOX television.
In terms of TV ratings, The Spring League in 2021 has been a case study of what can be achieved using a modest approach from a promotional and marketing standpoint. By default and comparing their numbers last year in the fall on cable, the Spring League’s TV numbers have been respectable.
As the competition has stiffened in recent weeks, with the NBA and NHL playoffs in full motion. The ratings for the Spring League, Saturday afternoons on FOX have slid a bit but not at an alarming rate. On 5/22, TSL on FOX averaged 408,000 viewers.
Courtesy of Media Reporter John Ourand from Sports Business Journal. In case you missed it, here are the ratings from Week 4’s Spring League FOX telecast during memorial weekend on 5/29.
- 365,000 viewers for the Blues’ 19-10 victory over the Sea Lions
The overall numbers should kick up a notch during the closing weeks of the Spring League’s regular season.
Here are the most recent TV ratings courtesy of FOX PR from week 5 of the Spring League season.
Saturday 6/5 The Spring League TV Ratings:
- FOX’s Spring League Football telecast registered 380,000 viewers for the Generals 39-27 victory over the Sea Lions, off just 5% vs. the season to date average on FOX (401,000 viewers).
- In FS1’s Spring League game, the Blues downed the Jousters 12-10, and that game drew 79,000 viewers, up 163% from last season’s average (30,000).
Friday 6/4 Spring League Ratings:
- The Linemen edged the Aviators 20-19 in FS1’s Friday night Spring League Football matchup that averaged 81,000 viewers, up 170% from last season’s average (30,000).
Thursday 6/3 Spring League Ratings:
- The Conquerors vanquished the Alphas 27-10 in FS1’s Thursday Night Spring League Football tilt that tallied 75,000 viewers, up 150% from last season’s average (30,000).
XFL Announces Key Rule Changes for 2023 Season, Kick Off, Tiered Extra Points Remain
XFL Podcast/ 2 days ago
XFL Week 7 Preview: DFS Picks, Odds, Injury News, Depth Charts, Roster Updates, Score Predictions & DraftKings Tips
Mark Perry, XFL News Hub Editor, Breaks Down Week 7: Betting Strategies, DFS Selections,...