The XFL has proven to be a vital platform for talented football players seeking to make their mark in the National Football League. Just a few days after 19 XFL standouts received invitations to attend NFL training camps, another 12 players have now been offered the same opportunity.
With the XFL Championship Game scheduled for May 13th in San Antonio, even more invites are expected to be extended to deserving athletes. Here are the most recent XFL players who have been invited to NFL training camps:
- Sage Doxtater, T – Houston Roughnecks – New Orleans Saints
- Mataeo Durant, RB – St. Louis Battlehawks – New York Jets
- Harrison Frost, QB – Seattle Sea Dragons – New Orleans Saints
- Jack Heflin, DL – Houston Roughnecks – New Orleans Saints
- Jontre Kirklin, WR – Houston Roughnecks – New York Giants
- Alex Matheson, LS – St. Louis Battlehawks – Baltimore Ravens
- John Parker Romo, K – San Antonio Brahmas – Detroit Lions
- Antonie Brooks, CB – Seattle Sea Dragons – Buffalo Bills
- Matthew Gotel, DL – San Antonio Brahmas – Atlanta Falcons
- Olaijah Griffin, CB – Seattle Sea Dragons – Tennessee Titans
- Eric Magwood, T – St. Louis Battlehawks – Buffalo Bills
- Michael Menet, CB – Seattle Sea Dragons – Atlanta Falcons
Two players from this list particularly stand out:
Jontre Kirklin, WR – Houston Roughnecks – New York Giants
Kirklin was a reliable receiver for the Roughnecks, consistently making crucial catches throughout the first part of the season. But his season was cut short due to injury and the Roughnecks were never the same. His impressive performance in the XFL earned him the opportunity to showcase his skills in the NFL.
John Parker Romo, K – San Antonio Brahmas – Detroit Lions
Romo’s accuracy and powerful kicking abilities were on display as he successfully converted field goals for the Brahmas . His performance caught the attention of the Detroit Lions, who have extended him a training camp invite. He was also named XFL News Hub Special Teams player of the year.
With the XFL Championship Game just around the corner, we can expect even more talented players to receive invitations to NFL training camps, further solidifying the league’s reputation as a valuable pipeline for football talent.
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
USFL and XFL Merger: A Deep Dive into the Historic Collaboration
/ 2 months ago
Welcome to Episode 216 of the “XFL Week In Review,” your premier destination for...