The start of a new season for the XFL is almost here. With the Tampa Bay Vipers getting ready to start their 2020 season. A lot of excitement is building for this season with so many questions to be answered.
The XFL is divided into two four-team divisions, East and West. The XFL East features the Tampa bay Vipers, DC Defenders, New York Guardians and St. Louis Battlehawks. The Dallas Renegades, Houston Roughnecks, Los Angeles Wildcats, and Seattle Dragons comprise the XFL West.
Tampa Bay’s 10-week regular season begins on the road when the team travels to MetLife Stadium to face the New York Guardians on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 2:00 p.m. ET (FOX). Key matchups for this one would be.
- Can the Viper CBs shutdown The Guardian Receivers? Mekale McKay and Tanner Gentry are big tall Wideouts who can get the 50/50 ball.
- Will Obum Gwacham and the Viper front seven be able to get past the Guardian Offensive line and put pressure on the QB? The Guardian Offensive line averages 6’3 305 LBS across the line!
Week 2 (Saturday, Feb. 15): at Seattle Dragons, 5 p.m, FOX
The Vipers go on the road again to Seattle to take on the hometown Dragons. The game will take place at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. Both teams look pretty even on paper. Watch out for;
- The Dragons running backs aren’t big size-wise, but fast they are! The LB Group for the Vipers need to be on point on tackles and not to let these backs get open field or they are gone!
- Dragon kicker Greg Joseph had an 85% FG percentage in the NFL and is only 25! He will be clutch and make a kick here and there when they need him!
Week 3 (Saturday, Feb. 22): vs. Houston Roughnecks, 2 p.m., ABC
This will be the first time we see the hometown Vipers at Raymond James stadium. The take on receiver Sammie Coates and the Houston Roughnecks.
- Can Michigan state veteran QB Connor Cook and the Roughneck offense move the ball against the Viper Defense?
- Can DE Kony Ealy, and the Roughneck front seven put pressure on Murray and make him make a mistake.
The Rest of the Vipers Schedule is as follows
Week 4 (Sunday, March 1): vs. DC Defenders, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Week 5 (Sunday, March 8): at Los Angeles Wildcats, 9 p.m., ESPN
Week 6 (Saturday, March 14): vs. St. Louis BattleHawks, 5 p.m., FS2
Week 7 (Saturday, March 21): vs. Dallas Renegades, 2 p.m., ABC
Week 8 (Saturday, March 28): at DC Defenders, 2 p.m., ABC
Week 9 (Sunday, April 5): at St. Louis BattleHawks, 12 p.m., ESPN
Week 10 (Sunday, April 12): vs. New York Guardians, 3 p.m. or 6 p.m., ABC or FS1
Team President Josh Bullock spoke on the team and the excitement around Tampa bay.
“Our players and coaches can’t wait to build a winning team that represents the best of Tampa Bay — and our fans — on and off the field,”
This is the second go-round for the XFL, which is backed by World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon.Whether you are a fan of the NFL or the CFL this 2020 XFL season is exciting to think about and is not going away.
Tune in Feb 8th and Feb 9th and watch the XFL kickoff!
Many Former XFL Players Joining The USFL, Expected to Make an Impact
/ 21 hours ago
Monday the XFL announced that the 2023 season of the XFL would be taking...