The league announced Tuesday former NFL head Coach Marc Trestman would be the new Head Coach/GM of the XFL’s Tampa Bay franchise.
Trestman is the fourth XFL coach to be named in the new eight-team league starting play in February 2020. Former Oklahoma Sooners Head Coach Bob Stoops will coach Dallas, former Redskins Head Coach Jim Zorn will be in Seattle and former NFL and College football offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton will be in Washington.
More coaching announcements will come for XFL teams in New York, Los Angeles, Houston, and St. Louis.
Here are some highlights of the press conference
- Ken Hagan Hillsborough County Commissioner said Tampa Bay is the 11th largest TV market
- Luck said money matters when working with a startup, and the XFL has it
- Luck mentioned again a TV deal announcement would be coming soon
- Oliver said the XFL needs to watch more CFL football for great ideas
- Oliver reached out to Marc Trestman two months ago
- Trestman started his coaching career in Florida with Coach Schnellenberger and Jimmy Johnson at The University of Maimi
- Was a Law student of the University of Maimi
- Raymond James Stadium has the best playing surface in the country
- XFL is not here to compete with the NFL or Tampa Bay Bucs
- Fall of 2019 will be XFL player pool evaluations
XFL’s Houston Roughnecks Secondary Logo Opposed by NFL
/ 3 days ago
Check back each Friday for a new video! Please like and subscribe, thanks!! Home...