According to Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal, some big names are working behind the scenes for the USFL, with an official announcement from FOX Sports coming today.
- Fox Sports CEO/Exec Producer Eric Shanks will serve as chairman
- Brian Woods, the former CEO of The Spring League, will become President of Football Operations
- Edward Hartman as Executive Vice President of Business Operations
- Daryl Johnston as Executive Vice President of Football Operation
- Mike Pereira as Head of Officiating
“Fox Sports will announce today that a newly reconstituted United States Football League will kick off in April.”
Daryl Johnston is the second former XFL employee now part of the new USFL, we assume he wont be the last. Former Houston Roughnecks President Brian Michael Cooper is part of USFL legal team. Johnston was the director of player personnel for the Dallas Renegades.
It seems like The Spring League is no more as Fischer points out that Brian Woods is the ‘former CEO’ of the TSL.
Let the Spring Football wars begin. We will have more details as this USFL news breaks.
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
USFL and XFL Merger: A Deep Dive into the Historic Collaboration
/ 7 days ago
In this gripping episode of “XFL Week In Review,” we dive deep into the...