Kevin Seifert of ESPN spoke with XFL CEO and Commissioner Oliver Luck after the announcement of the Commissioner Invitations. Luck went into more detail as to what players and fans can expect from the invite process.
Here are some of the details;
- XFL will send out draft invitations in installments to account for pending NFL roster cuts.
- A total of 800 invites will go out. We reported on that yesterday.
- Each XFL team will draft 70 players.
- There will be no free agency.
- Current college players need to contact the XFL after their college season to request eligibility. Not sure how this will work since the XFL draft will have already taken place in October.
- There will be a mini-camp in December; this will be for each specific team.
- There will be a three-week centralized training camp in January for all XFL teams. We reported that the event will take place in Houston back in April.
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
/ 2 days ago
In this critical episode, we sit down with football expert Mike Mitchell to unravel...