With the XFL 10-game regular season entering its final stages, the playoff picture is starting to take shape. With the top 2 teams from each division making the playoffs, let’s break down the scenarios for each team in the North and South Divisions, based on the standings provided.
- D.C. Defenders (8-1) – Secured home field in North Division Championship The D.C. Defenders have already clinched a playoff spot and home-field advantage in the North Division Championship.
- St. Louis Battlehawks (6-3) The Battlehawks can secure the second playoff spot in the North Division by winning their final game against the Orlando Guardians and a Sea Dragons loss or a win and the best combined scoring ranking tiebreaker. If they lose, they will still make the playoffs if the Seattle Sea Dragons lose their final game against the Vegas Vipers.
- Seattle Sea Dragons (6-3) The Sea Dragons can secure the second playoff spot in the North Division by winning their final game against the Vegas Vipers and hoping for a St. Louis Battlehawks loss against the Orlando Guardians. In the event of a tie in the standings, the Sea Dragons need to have a a better strength of victory record or better combined scoring ranking than the Battlehawks to advance.
- Vegas Vipers (2-7) – Eliminated from playoff contention
- Houston Roughnecks (6-3) – Secured home field in South Division Championship The Houston Roughnecks have already clinched a playoff spot and home-field advantage in the South Division Championship.
- Arlington Renegades (4-5) The Renegades can secure the second playoff spot in the South Division by winning their final game against the Houston Roughnecks. If they lose, they will still make the playoffs if the San Antonio Brahmas lose their final game against the D.C. Defenders.
- San Antonio Brahmas (3-6) The Brahmas can secure the second playoff spot in the South Division by winning their final game against the D.C. Defenders and hoping for an Arlington Renegades loss against the Houston Roughnecks. In the event of a tie in the standings, the Brahmas need to have a better division win/loss percentage or a better strength of victory record than the Renegades to advance.
- Orlando Guardians (1-8) – Eliminated from playoff contention
XFL Tiebreaker Rules
2. Best win/loss percentage in division games
3. Strength of victory in all games – combined record of opponents in wins
4. Best combined ranking among division teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
5. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
6. Best net points in all games
7. Best net touchdowns in all games
8. Coin toss
With just one week left in the regular season, there’s still much to be decided. The St. Louis Battlehawks, Seattle Sea Dragons, Arlington Renegades, and San Antonio Brahmas all have a shot at making the playoffs, but each team’s fate is dependent on both their performance and the outcome of the other games in Week 10.
Tune in to the final week of XFL action as the playoff picture becomes clearer and the teams prepare to battle it out for the division championships and a chance to compete in the XFL Championship Game.
The North Division Championship and South Division Championship games are set to be played on April 30th and April 29th.
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
XFL Podcast/ 1 week ago
XFL News Hubs Mike Mitchell Recaps 2023 Season, Talks Whats Coming in 2024
We talk with XFL Insider Mike Michell on the 3 things we like and...