With only three weeks remaining in the XFL regular season, the playoff picture is starting to take shape. The top two teams from each division will advance to the playoffs, and as it stands, the North and South divisions each have their own tight races. This weekend set of games can really decide these playoff races. Here, we break down what needs to happen for each team to make the playoffs.
- D.C. Defenders (6-1): The Defenders currently hold the top spot in the North Division, and with two wins in their remaining three games, they will clinch a first place. The Battlehawks and Sea Dragons are right on their tails. DC owns the tiebreaker with the Battlehawks. A win against the Sea Dragons this weekend will also secure the tiebreaker and a playoff spot.
- St. Louis Battlehawks (5-2): The Battlehawks are in a strong position to make the playoffs, currently sitting in second place in the division. Their season really comes down to a week 9 matchup against the Sea Dragons. They need to win this weekend against the Vipers to stay in the hunt. A loss, with a Seattle win this weekend, could spell trouble for Ka Kaw nation.
- Seattle Sea Dragons (5-2): The Sea Dragons are tied with the Battlehawks for second place but need some help to advance. They need to win their remaining games and have the Battlehawks lose at least one game, or they need to win two games and have the Battlehawks lose all three remaining games. Their season really comes down to a week 9 matchup against the Battlehawks.
- Vegas Vipers (2-5): The Vipers are out of playoff contention. Even if they win all their remaining games. The Sea Dragons and Battlehawks face each other in week 9, giving one of those teams 6 wins.
- Houston Roughnecks (4-3): The Roughnecks currently lead the South Division and can clinch a playoff berth by winning two of their remaining three games. They can also secure a spot if the Arlington Renegades lose one game and the San Antonio Brahmas lose two games.
- Arlington Renegades (3-4): The Renegades are in second place in the division and can make the playoffs by winning all their remaining games and having the Roughnecks lose at least one game. They can also advance if they win two games and the Brahmas lose at least one game.
- San Antonio Brahmas (2-5): The Brahmas need to win all their remaining games and hope for a combination of losses by the Renegades and Roughnecks to make the playoffs. Their best scenario is winning out and having the Renegades lose all their remaining games, while the Roughnecks lose at least two games.
- Orlando Guardians (1-6): The Guardians are still alive. If the Roughnecks lose their next 3 games, they still own the tie-breaker. Orlando’s battle is with Arlington and San Antonio. They need to beat both teams over the next two weeks to stay in the hunt. Starting with this weekends must win game against the Renegades.
With just a few weeks left in the regular season, the XFL playoff race is heating up. Keep an eye on these scenarios as the games unfold, and prepare for an exciting finish to the season.
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
USFL and XFL Merger: A Deep Dive into the Historic Collaboration
/ 4 days ago
Tune in to the latest edition of “XFL Week In Review” for an in-depth...