Notes from the Interview;
- Oliver rated his surprise in the AAF folding a 7 out of 10. He was surprised and saddened. Surprised it folded before the season completed
- Charlie Ebersol approach Luck years ago about starting a league and he turned him down because of lack of capital to start a league
- Luck was involved with NFL Europe and knows a new sports leagues need 2 to 4 years to develop. It also requires money
- Luck didn’t know about merger talk rumor of AAF and XFL
- XFL not interesting in AAF team markets at this time
- Looking at what AAF did well and not well overall
- AAF did well with their game pace. Liked the audio element with their games
- Team practice facilities are being looked at, and it takes time to finalize
- Going to use the old St Louis Rams practice facility for XFL team. Others are being worked out.
- 40 million football fans are used to games in the Fall. If they can get some fans out of that number, a spring league will do well
- XFL games will be on Saturday and Sunday, towards the end of the season there might be Thursday night games
- TV deal will be announced soon
- League is open to taking players not NFL draft-eligible
- XFL would be open to Manziel as long as the coaches feel like he’s good enough
- XFL would stay a Spring football league even if the NFL goes on strike next year
- Vince has the staying power and won’t be a one year and done league
- 30-second play clock
- Kick off will be different
- No fair catch 5-yard halo rule on punt returns
- Overtime will be more like soccer or NFL shoot out vs. NFL overtime quarter
- Game time under 3 hours
- Forward pass rule: A pass that doesn’t cross the line of scrimmage so you can do it multiple times
- 11 on 11, same field type, and number of downs
- XFL to use one, two, or three-point conversions
- Team scoring a touchdown in the XFL will emerge with 6, 7, 8, or 9 points.
- There will be around 12 changes to the rules that differ from NFL and NCAA football
Breakdown of XFL one, two, or three-point conversions
- All are not kicks but play from scrimmage
- One Point Play – from 2-yard line
- Two Point Play – from 5-yard line
- Three Point Play – from 10-yard line
Breakdown of XFL Overtime shoot out
- 44 guys on the field
- 5 opportunities each team for one point
- Each side will have five chances to convert a two-point conversion
- The defense can score a point in overtime from a turnover
- Overtime would last as little as four minutes
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
/ 3 weeks ago
Vipers Leaving Vegas, NFL Cutdown Day Which XFL Players Made It, Season Tickets, Exclusive Combine Insights & More!
Join us on ‘XFL Week In Review’ as we cover the Vegas Vipers leaving...