XFL super fan Jake Henry found this interesting post on the XFL’s LinkedIn Page. The XFL is looking for a Controller. This would be the first job posting of the XFL 3.0 era.
The job was posted by SVP People Operations at XFL Cindy Wagner. Her name was part of the new batch of hires by the XFL, but she was one of the few people who was with the league during its bankruptcy.
About the XFL
The XFL is a fan-first, fast-paced professional football league powered by the combined partnership of owners Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson and Redbird Capital Partners. The XFL will have innovative rules and enhanced in-game access, to create a highly engaging and entertaining experience for fans, and a new opportunity for players to play the game of football. Kicking off Spring 2023.
About the Position
The Controller will be a core member of the finance team and be involved in various strategic initiatives. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will work closely to support the senior leadership team and oversee the accounting, treasury and payroll functions. The position will oversee a partially remote team and work closely with the business operations team and other finance team members on budgeting, forecasting and scenario analysis across multiple business lines.
What you will do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance team and all monthly and year-end procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial and tax compliance matters
- Oversee preparation of financial analyses, cash flow projections, account reconciliations, tax filings, journal entries, and other key financial reports
- Prepare detailed budgets and periodic financial forecasts for senior management
- Partner with various business operations departments and overall management team on various financial considerations
- Design and implement internal financial controls, policies, and procedures
- Ensure proper coordination with accounts payable, payroll, treasury, and other financial functions
- Communicate with outside advisors, auditors, and other financial stakeholders
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
One thing to note in the job description. ‘Please note, the position will work remotely, Tri-state area preferred.’ It looks like the the position is based in New York. Most likely at the RedBird Capital Offices.
This would mean the XFL has moved on from its roots in Stamford Connecticut at the WWE offices.
Many Former XFL Players Joining The USFL, Expected to Make an Impact
/ 4 days ago
XFL to St. Louis + Houston?, New XFL 2023 TV Deal, USFL Week 6, CFL Strike | Ep. 93 – Broadcast Wars
The XFL is back in the news in a BIG way! A brand new...