After a second week of the XFL with a little more clarity into target shares, playing time and talent evaluation, the DFS community was a more direct in ownership distribution funneling a lot of cap space towards the stand-outs like PJ Walker, Cam Phillips, Nelson Spruce, etc.
DraftKings, a part of the twin towers of the DFS world with Fanduel, has a weekly set of contests for the new league including an impressive $10 Entry, $350,000 prize pool contest with a $100,000 top prize.
With the countless variables including the new extra-point rules, speed of the game and relatively unknown depth charts – XFL DFS is off to a puzzling start. For your lineup, you are able to utilize a 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR and 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE) as well as a DST. This is a departure from the typical NFL lineup construction which includes 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX and 1 DST.
On to Week 3 where we saw the top owned player (Deandre Thompkins) only earn 2.8 points on DraftKings while one of the lowest owned players (Martez Carter) at 0.01% rack up 30.5 points. Let’s take a look at the rest of the Week 3 slate:
Final results on #DraftKings for their $10 Entry, $300K Prize #XFL Tournament for the weekend including Ownership % and Performance (DK Points) – Including a 30.5 Pt performance by Martez Carter (0.01% owned😱)— Alex McKinnon (@AlexMcKinnonXFL) February 24, 2020
*Players w/ at least 1 Pt or 1% ownership#XFL2020 #DFS #XFLDFS pic.twitter.com/bgmlvRpR5L
- The QB-WR stack of PJ Walker and Cam Phillips was the clear winner of the weekend. A combined score of 90.04 DK points, the Roughnecks stars were certainly necessary in a lineup if you had hopes of winning big.
- Two hot names at receiver, Deandre Thompkins (2.8 pts) and Nelson Spruce (10.5 pts), were major disappointments as the top two owned players on the slate, specifically Spruce who was listed at $10,900.
- Tight End Donald Parham continued his reign of terror on opposing defenses, putting up 30.1 DK points and has certainly stood out as the best tight end in the league thru three weeks.
- Two players with 0.50% or less ownership had over 30 points, Tre McBride (30.9) and Martez Carter (30.5). Taylor Cornelius was also a pleasant surprise for the revived Vipers, putting up 22.02 points while only being in 0.77% of lineups.
- The Battlehawks DST ($3700) was the third highest owned ‘player’ on the slate (35.98%) but lived up to the hype with 17 points on Sunday. The Wildcats were the surprise DST play of the week, also putting up 17 points while only being owned in 1.75% of lineups.
- Austin Proehl had a nice bounce back week after being a standout in Week 1, putting up 20.1 DK points and only being owned in 5.47% of lineups.
- Along with Deandre Thompkins and Nelson Spruce, two starting QBs also had disappointing performances. Cardale Jones (23.96%) only reached 2.02 DK points and Jordan Ta’amu (23.56%) only 6.16. Matt McGloin also had a second poor week in a row with 2.36 points but was only in 1.22% of lineups.
For more daily DFS content and news, follow me at @AlexMcKinnonXFL
Interview With XFL Insider Mike Mitchell, Details On FOX/Disney Interest In Buying The XFL
/ 3 days ago
We go into great detail from the abrupt end of the XFL season to...