According to an exclusive report by Darren Rovell on the Action Network. The XFL could offer 2019 NFL rookies bonuses worth up to $100,000 to lure them away from the NFL.
All this has taken place during a presentation made by the XFL to NFL agents during the NFL Combine on Thursday night.
Some notes from the Meeting;
- XFL can offer high-profile players commitment bonuses if they are willing to give up playing in the 2019 NFL season
- XFL is willing to spend money to induce first-year players to skip the 2019 NFL season to prepare for the XFL.
- The league could target fringe players, who aren’t drafted and are being offered small free agent signing bonuses.
- The league could also offer higher bonuses to players cut in preseason camp or at the final cutdown.
- XFL wants its franchise quarterbacks locked in for its eight teams before the NFL season
- Players will be offered up to three-year contracts
- XFL players can negotiate outs in their contracts to play on an NFL team
- The XFL will have a roster of 45 players. With four salary levels.
Tier I Player: 1 slot per team (most of the time will be a QB). Will make at least $250,000 per season.
Tier II Player: 3 slots per team
Tier III Player: 23 slots per team
Tier IV Player: 18 slots per team
Player contracts and talent scouting are coming into place for the XFL. Stay with XFL News Hub for the latest player news as it happens.
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
/ 2 weeks ago
Vipers Leaving Vegas, NFL Cutdown Day Which XFL Players Made It, Season Tickets, Exclusive Combine Insights & More!
Join us on ‘XFL Week In Review’ as we cover the Vegas Vipers leaving...