According to an exclusive report by Darren Rovell on the Action Network. The XFL could offer 2019 NFL rookies bonuses worth up to $100,000 to lure them away from the NFL.
All this has taken place during a presentation made by the XFL to NFL agents during the NFL Combine on Thursday night.
Some notes from the Meeting;
- XFL can offer high-profile players commitment bonuses if they are willing to give up playing in the 2019 NFL season
- XFL is willing to spend money to induce first-year players to skip the 2019 NFL season to prepare for the XFL.
- The league could target fringe players, who aren’t drafted and are being offered small free agent signing bonuses.
- The league could also offer higher bonuses to players cut in preseason camp or at the final cutdown.
- XFL wants its franchise quarterbacks locked in for its eight teams before the NFL season
- Players will be offered up to three-year contracts
- XFL players can negotiate outs in their contracts to play on an NFL team
- The XFL will have a roster of 45 players. With four salary levels.
Tier I Player: 1 slot per team (most of the time will be a QB). Will make at least $250,000 per season.
Tier II Player: 3 slots per team
Tier III Player: 23 slots per team
Tier IV Player: 18 slots per team
Player contracts and talent scouting are coming into place for the XFL. Stay with XFL News Hub for the latest player news as it happens.
Many Former XFL Players Joining The USFL, Expected to Make an Impact
/ 5 days ago
XFL Discusses Player Salary, XFL Draft, Timeline for 2023 Season, Report: XFL Got ‘Substantial...