Offseason Rosters Expand to 90 Players
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (June 14, 2023) – XFL team representatives will hold a Rookie Draft on Friday at 11 am ET.
Information regarding player eligibility and details around the Rookie Draft are listed below:
● Eligible to have been drafted in the 2023 NFL Draft
● Not under contract by a professional football team
● To allow for the increased number of players, XFL team rosters will be expanded from 51 to 90 players
● Drafted rookies will be placed on XFL rosters with players who finished the 2023 season on active and reserve lists
● XFL teams will hold exclusive rights with the players they select in the draft
● All players who sign an XFL contract, including players who remain under contract from the 2023 season, will have an “NFL Out” until Tuesday, December 26, 2023, following the conclusion of Week 16 of the NFL season
The draft will consist of 10 rounds with order selection as follows:
- San Antonio
- St. Louis
XFL Rookie Draft selections will be posted on XFL.com on Friday evening.
ABOUT THE XFL
The XFL is a fan-first, fast-paced global professional football league with innovative rules and an enhanced 360-degree game experience. Anchored in world-class football, the XFL brings entertainment and innovation to advance the sport, expand player opportunities, and change the way that fans experience the game. The XFL has eight teams in Arlington (TX), Houston (TX), Las Vegas (NV), Orlando (FL), San Antonio (TX), Seattle (WA), St. Louis (MO), and Washington, D.C. The XFL is owned by Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson, and Gerry Cardinale’s RedBird Capital Partners and launched in February 2023.
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
USFL and XFL Merger: A Deep Dive into the Historic Collaboration
/ 2 days ago
In this week’s action-packed episode of XFL Week In Review, we break down the...