After this weekend’s teaser video, today, the XFL announced the release of their official game balls. What makes their version unique is that each team has its own official ball. The balls include an X on the tips and “X-Pebble” grip technology.
They are available now on shop.xfl.com for $125. It is not cheap, but these are custom hand made balls versus the kind you buy in the store.
Making The Ball Video
XFL Official Press Release
Stamford, Conn., Nov. 25, 2019 – Two distinctive features make the XFL’s official football stand apart from any in sports. The XFL game ball comes in eight custom looks to match each team’s primary color scheme and is distinguished by the following:
- The points of each football are wrapped with ‘X’ marks in white and the team’s primary color. This design allows receivers to track the ball easily.
- Patent-pending, “X-Pebble” grip technology will help players control the ball with a feel that enables a tight spin on throws, and also allows ball carriers to enhance their ball security.
The XFL spent the past year developing the game ball with a football manufacturer Team Issue in Dallas. The first version was tested with players on the field during the XFL’s work with The Spring League this past April. Based on feedback from quarterbacks and receivers, adjustments were made and updated versions of the ball were tested over a 10-week period at each XFL Summer Showcase. Then, after additional feedback from players was received and hours of tape were watched and analyzed, final adjustments were made and the final ball production began in September.
Each version of the XFL game ball will start to see action on the field next month when XFL mini-camps open up across the league. The XFL game ball is also now available for purchase at XFL.com. Season tickets and single-game tickets are also available now at www.xfl.com/tickets.
XFL Official Ball Details:
- Design and Production Partner: Team Issue (Dallas, TX)
- Size: Standard professional football size
- Texture: Patent-pending, “X-Pebble” exterior grip technology
- Game Usage: In every XFL game, the team on offense will use the ball featuring their team’s custom look and color scheme
- Dimensions: Prolate spheroid
- Long circumference – 28 to 28 1/2 inches
- Short circumference – 21 to 21 1/4 inches
- Weight – 14 to 15 ounces
- Colors: Traditional red leather – the ball will be brown on game day after pre-game leather conditioning
- Retail Price: $125 plus shipping and handling
- Unique Features:
- “X-Tips”: painted Xs wrap both points of each football in white and the team’s primary color
- X-Pebble technology grip: exterior grip technology (patent-pending) to enhance ball feel and ball security
The XFL sent versions to several sports reporters, reaction to the new ball, has been great.
So, uh, how long does it take to cook a 14-ounce cow leather football, @XFLDefenders?— Scott Allen (@ScottSAllen) November 25, 2019
XFL unveils 8 different game balls with team-specific colors. Team on offense will use its custom ball. pic.twitter.com/PfgzqfOUaf
I can’t wait to see them fly around the field starting February 8th at 2 pm on ABC.
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
/ 3 weeks ago
Vipers Leaving Vegas, NFL Cutdown Day Which XFL Players Made It, Season Tickets, Exclusive Combine Insights & More!
Join us on ‘XFL Week In Review’ as we cover the Vegas Vipers leaving...