The XFL today officially announced the 2019 XFL draft is taking place Tuesday, October 15 and Wednesday, October 16. We broke the story two weeks ago that the XFL draft will be taking place on these days.
Highlights from the press release;
- It is a 90-second snake draft.
- DC defenders have the first pick in the XFL draft
- Los Angeles Wildcats have the last pick in the first round
- Draft will be broken into position phases for parity
- XFL will begin to reveal, through XFL.com and the league’s social channels, the players entering the draft
- The entire draft pool will be announced by October 11.
- One quarterback will be assigned to each team prior to the draft
ESPN reported a couple of interesting notes about the upcoming XFL Draft.
“The XFL administered a blind lottery to determine draft order. The Los Angeles Wildcats won and chose the first pick of the offensive line phase.
The D.C. Defenders will have the first pick of the skill-position phase.”
The article also goes on to talk about a supplemental draft at the end of November.
“For players who were ineligible to be drafted in October, either because they were on NFL rosters at the time or because they were a part of college programs.”
The article notes that players in the XFL draft are still able to sign with NFL teams up until the start of the XFL minicamps in December.
DAY 2 XFL DRAFT RECAP
/ 3 days ago
XFL Announces Tier One QB’s For 2020 Season, TO Not In The XFL, Full...