After a long break, the XFL has announced a fresh and exciting return to the field. The XFL is the most popular football league outside the NFL among bettors and football fans alike. However, the return of the league is still under uncertainty since the XFL filed bankruptcy in 2020.
Until we certainly know whether the XFL will be back or not, we have prepared an in-depth betting guide that will teach you how to make better decisions and predict a match’s outcome like an actual professional bettor.
Let’s get started!
How to bet on the XFL online
Before we can begin our discussion on advanced XFL betting techniques, you will need to know how to wager on football online. Don’t worry. You don’t need to be a tech-savvy individual to be able to place your bets on the XFL.
In fact, online betting is quickly becoming the norm, especially for Canadian punters, and online bookmakers are constantly improving their user experience to make it accessible to as many people as possible.
Follow this step-by-step guide to becoming an online XFL bettor in no time:
- Find a suitable online sportsbook that accepts XFL bets – the Internet is an excellent tool for searching for betting websites. Once you’ve done some research and found a gaming platform that suits your needs, make sure it checks the following criteria: a reputable authority licenses it, has fast deposits and withdrawals, is secured with the latest technologies and has reliable customer support.
- Create an account on the betting platform – After choosing a bookmaker, you will have to sign up. This will enable you to add or withdraw funds and get access to promotions and welcome bonuses that can boost your betting experience. Bear in mind that the platform could require you to submit identification documents to confirm your account.
- Add funds to your balance – Now that you have a betting account, you will need to decide what banking method you want to use. Most websites allow debit card or e-wallet deposits, which are instant, so you won’t have to wait additional time for the funds to arrive. Please consider that the payment option you use needs to be under your name. Otherwise, the transfer will be declined.
- Find a bet that has decent odds – Once you have added funds to your account, all that’s left is to look for XFL games that have good odds. If you can’t find a dedicated XFL tab in the sportsbook, the games are most likely located in the same tab as college football and NFL.
Now that you have a complete understanding of setting up a betting account, you’re ready to move on to the next level. The next step in your XFL betting journey is to expand your knowledge regarding the betting market.
Be advised that some concepts could be harder to grasp at first, but we will explain them in terms as simple as possible.
Without further ado, let’s get right to the advanced XFL betting tactics and tips:
Understanding the XFL Lines and Betting Odds
XFL betting works precisely like college football or NFL betting. Each event offers a wide range of bets you can place, but not all of them are worth it. Before you embark on your betting journey, it’s highly recommended to become familiar with the terminology.
Thus, we went ahead and created a quick guide that will cover the essential bets and how to read the XFL betting lines:
In simple terms, Moneyline bets mean that you’re guessing which team will win the match. For instance:
- Houston Roughnecks -130
- DC Defenders +185
Here’s how to read the example above: the Houston Roughnecks are the favourite team and have a Moneyline of -130. Therefore, you would need to bet C$130 to win C$100. On the other hand, the DC Defenders are considered the underdogs with a Moneyline of +185. If you wagered C$100 on the Defenders, you would win C$185.
Point spread represents the number of points that a team can either win or lose by. This wager creates a 50/50 scenario so that the sportsbook gets an equal number of bets on each side.
Here’s an example of how a point spread bet will look like on the bookmaker:
- NY Guardians -5 (-130)
- Seattle Dragons +5 (-130)
The spread in the example above says that the game is +/- 5 points. Therefore, if you wager on the Guardians, they need to win the match by more than 5 points to cash out your bet. Contrarily, if you would like to wager on the Dragons, then they can’t lose by more than 5 points to win the bet.
In case the match ends 15 to 10 for NY Guardians, then the spread wasn’t covered. Thus, the bet is considered a “push,” and you will automatically get your money back.
The number inside the parentheses represents the odds (or lines) that determine how much money you would need to wager if you want to win C$100. Thus, if you’re going to go with this bet, you need to wager C$130 to win C$100.
Totals, also commonly called over/under, is a type of bet that represents the predicted total number of points scored by both teams in a game. Here’s a simple example:
- Tampa Bay Vipers: over 40 points (-130)
- Dallas Renegades: under 40 points (-130)
This XFL bet has the totals value set to 40 points. You can choose to wager on the Vipers’ total scoreversus the Renegades going over or under 45 points combined. Similarly to the spread bet, the number inside the parentheses is the amount you need to bet to win C$100 from this wager.
In-play betting (live betting) is an exclusively online wagering opportunity that allows you to place bets during a game. Since XFL matches are action-packed, the odds are constantly changing with every event influencing the outcome.
Therefore, if you want to be successful with XFL live betting, you need to understand the game and teams. With complete focus during the in-play betting session, you can quickly become profitable since all the bets mentioned above can be placed in real-time, with fluctuating odds that can work to your advantage.
4 Tips for increasing your XFL betting odds
As an experienced bettor, you already have the outlines of betting on football. In case you’re just getting started, the first piece of advice we can give you is to learn more about how football betting works.
Gambling is generally considered a game of luck, but that’s not necessarily true. Skill, especially in betting, can play a crucial role in the outcome. According to iGaming experts, there are hundreds of ways to beat the odds at sports betting, which are primarily based on your knowledge of the game you’re wagering on.
Below, we will cover four of the best ways to improve your odds when betting on XFL:
- Know the XFL rules – throughout the years, the XFL has constantly changed football rules as we know them. From kickoffs to tries with an extra point, the new rules can drastically change an XFL game’s outcome. Therefore, learning the differences, especially when it comes to scoring, can benefit you as a bettor.
- Check the injury reports – injuries play a significant role in the final result of a match, so paying attention to the injury reports can be an excellent indicator for successful bets. Suppose one of the crucial players has been in an accident. In that case, it is recommended to place your wager on the opposing team since it will most likely have a tactical advantage.
- Look for the XFL opening betting odds – the XFL games are usually played in the weekend, so the opening odds are generally announced during the week. If you want to get a statistical advantage over the bookmaker, knowing the initial odds released by the betting sites is the way to go. Make sure you set reminders so you can get in as early as possible.
- Shop for the best betting lines – one of the most lucrative XFL betting strategies is line shopping. Finding the best odds is the key to your wagering success, ensuring you are getting as much money as possible. Ideally, you want to compare odds from a few bookmakers and choose the one that will bring you the best returns possible.
The bottom line
XFL betting is an exciting gambling activity, as long as you have a thorough understanding of the league’s structure and its particular rules. Once you’re familiar with all the basics and know how to read the betting lines, it will be simple to place successful wagers based on statistical analysis.
There’s a saying in sports betting – The more you learn, the more you earn. So, if you want to make some extra bucks from your knowledge of the XFL, you should start betting on the league and have some fun while at it.
Remember: gambling is considered a form of entertainment, not a consistent income stream. Good luck with your bets, and always gamble responsibly!
XFL Announces Key Rule Changes for 2023 Season, Kick Off, Tiered Extra Points Remain
XFL Podcast/ 17 hours ago
XFL Week 6 Recap, DC Undefeated, Perez Traded, USA Todays Thomas Schad Talks Rock / Dany Interview
A jam packed episode. Thomas Schad from USA today talks his interview with The...