Subscribe to our XFL News Hub YouTube Channel. Get breaking news and the latest XFL news. Plus the XFL Week In Review Podcast live every Monday at 8PM ET.
XFL CEO Oliver Luck was on The Dan Le Batard show on ESPN this week. It was a quick 10-minute interview covering a range of topics.
They talk about the XFL kick return, what he likes and doesn’t like about the AAF, the drama with college admission scandal and more.
Notes from the Interview;
- They talk about the college admission scandal, Stanford was named, and Oliver worked for the NCAA, so he has some insight on the topic
- Andrew Luck growing up was a rule follower, easy going, kid
- One of Vince people reach out to Oliver while he was living in Indianapolis working with the NCAA
- He and Vince met several times and talked his vision for the XFL and what didn’t work in the past before taking the job
- AAF success is a good sign for spring football
- AFF is not bitter rival
- He views AAF like college conferences vs. competing for head to head
- There is plenty of space for spring football teams
- Olive said NCAA biggest flaw is the value of an education
- NCAA revenue from football and basketball funds most college sports team
- The biggest mistake the old XFL did was not respect the game of football, too many gimmicks; the Football play matters most to fans
- Luck likes the football currently played in the AAF
- One issue for both leagues will be offensive line play, good offensive lineman are hard to find
- Oliver does not like the AFF starting at the 25-yard line without kick off
- Kick return is a fun part of the game
- XFL working on a new way to do kick off to keep the return and keep players safe
You can listen to the full interview below;
Ranking The XFL 2023 Uniforms From Worst To First
XFL Podcast/ 2 days ago
XFL Week 3 Recap & Reaction, Who Is The Early Season XFL MVP
DC Defenders Beer Snake is Back, With Some Rules Fans Need To Follow, Post...