Oliver Luck and new Head Coach /Gm of the Washington DC XFL franchise Pep Hamilton sat down with The Sports Junkies on 106.7 The Fan. They talk where XFL DC will practice, XFL Draft date, Player Contacts and so much more.
Notes from the Interview;
- Pep Hamilton Coached Andrew Luck for 6 total years between college and the NFL
- Luck announced the end of March beginning of April for XFL Team Names
- The money behind XFL league is all Vince McMahon’s money. No silent backers
- 18 years since the last XFL iteration
- New XFL will reduce the gimmicks of the past XFL to a 0. Focused on quality football.
- Extra points will be 3, 2 or 1 point but no kicks. Field goals will still be in the game.
- As has been reported, TV deal will see games televised over basic and cable TV.
- Pep Hamilton attracted to the XFL because he can “Shop for the grocery’s” as well as coach.
- Pep Hamilton interviewed in 2014 for the Raiders Head Coaching Job.
Onlytime he interviewed for head coach job.
- Took the job because of Oliver Luck, always maintained an offseason home in DC and family is from the area.
- Pep’s biggest challenge is finding the staff, that share his passion and vision.
- XFL DC team will be practice at RFK.
- XFL will start signing players during the spring and summer. Asked not to play in fall on their contract is signed.
- Big XFL draft will take place after the NFL
cut downday Sept 2nd of 2019.
- QB’s will make more money than anyone else.
- Contacts are in a tier system
- XFL not part of NCAA/NFL eligibility rule. So players out of college due to grades or personal issues can play for XFL.
- A salary cap for each XFL team.
- Players in the AAF are eligible for XFL
- Players will sign one year contract
You can listen to the full interview below;
XFL team Names And Logos Coming In June
/ 4 days ago
June Jones To Be Named XFL Houston Head Coach/GM, XFL Houston Team President Named,...