With only two weeks left in the XFL regular season, the playoff race is heating up. The top two teams from each division will make the playoffs, and some teams have already punched their ticket to the postseason. Here’s a breakdown of what has to happen for each team to make the playoffs.
- D.C. Defenders (7-1): The Defenders have already secured a spot in the North Division Championship game with their thrilling 34-33 victory over the Seattle Sea Dragons. Their remaining games are against the Arlington Renegades and the San Antonio Brahmas. DC can secure home field playoff game with a win over the Renegades or if the Battlehawks loses one of their final two games.
- St. Louis Battlehawks (6-2): The Battlehawks are one win away from clinching a playoff berth. They can secure a spot in the playoffs with a winning out the season or they beat the Seattle Sea Dragons in week 9. If they do not it, it could get real weird to get in.
- Seattle Sea Dragons (5-3): The Sea Dragons’ playoff hopes are still alive, but they’ll need some help. They must win their remaining games against the Vegas Vipers and the St. Louis Battlehawks. If they do so, they could get in on tie breakers.
- Vegas Vipers (2-6): The Vipers have been eliminated from playoff contention.
- Houston Roughnecks (5-3): The Roughnecks have clinched a spot in the South Division Championship game with their 17-15 OT victory over the San Antonio Brahmas. Their remaining games are against the Vegas Vipers and the Arlington Renegades. With a win over the Vipers they can secure home field playoff game. If they lose, they would need Arlington to lose to lock the division.
- Arlington Renegades (4-4): The Renegades currently hold the second playoff spot in the South Division. They can clinch a playoff berth with wins in their remaining games against the D.C. Defenders and the Houston Roughnecks, or a combination of a win and a San Antonio Brahmas loss.
- San Antonio Brahmas (2-6): The Brahmas’ playoff hopes are slim, but not impossible. They must win their remaining games against the D.C. Defenders and the Orlando Guardians, while also hoping for the Arlington Renegades to lose both of their remaining games. They split their games against the Renegades.
- Orlando Guardians (1-7): The Guardians have been eliminated from playoff contention.
As we approach the final two weeks of the regular season, the intensity will only continue to build. Which teams will rise to the occasion and secure a spot in the playoffs?
The North Division Championship will be played on Sunday, April 30 at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN. The South Division Championship game will be played on Saturday, April 29 at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
📢 Attention XFL News Hub community! We've got a quick 30-second survey and we need your thoughts. Your feedback will help us to bring you the XFL content you love even better. Just click the link in the description below to get started. Thanks for being a part of our team!
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
XFL 2023 Season Attendance Recap: The Ups and Downs
XFL Podcast/ 1 week ago
XFL News Hubs Mike Mitchell Recaps 2023 Season, Talks Whats Coming in 2024
We talk with XFL Insider Mike Michell on the 3 things we like and...