Former Heisman Trophy Winner and NFL First-Round Pick to Rejoin FCF in Atlanta
Season v2.0 Kicks-Off on April 16 at New High-Tech Studio in Atlanta’s Pullman Yards
Gameday Fan Experience Passes on Sale Now
ATLANTA, GA (March 25, 2022) – Fan Controlled Football (FCF), the only professional sports league that empowers fans to make key decisions for their favorite team, including calling plays in real-time, today announced the return of Johnny Manziel for Season v2.0, with the former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL first-round pick resigning for the upcoming season that takes the field on April 16th.
Manziel, who nearly scored a rushing touchdown in the first play of his FCF debut, rose to fame in 2012 at Texas A&M, becoming the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy and creating countless highlights with his free-flowing style of play and brash personality. In 2014, Manziel was the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns.
“What can I say? I love playing football and FCF makes it fun – as it should be,” said Manziel. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m back to win and take home the championship, but when it’s all said and done, this is an opportunity to play elite-level football, mentor some young up-and-coming talent, and take part in a new, innovative league that’s redefining this game.”
FCF made its debut in February 2021, featuring four teams owned by some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment including Marshawn Lynch, Quavo, Richard Sherman, Austin Ekeler, Dalvin Cook, and Bob Menery. The league has redefined football for the digital age by combining the competitiveness of live sports, the engagement of fantasy sports, and the interactivity of video games into a live streamed, leaned-in fan experience. Season v1.0 saw FCF become the fastest growing live sports channel on Twitch with nearly 10 million total live views, and one of the top sports Apps in the Apple App Store.
“Johnny Football is back and we couldn’t be more stoked to have the FCF’s first-ever franchise player back in the league,” said Sohrob Farudi, Co-Founder and CEO of Fan Controlled Football. “We’re a fun, forward-thinking and innovative league, but don’t get confused – it’s serious business out on the field, and I’d like to think that’s what brought Johnny back this year. We’re merging the best of both worlds.”
To get in on the FCF action ahead of Season v2.0, fans can register for free by visiting www.fcf.io, and joining one of the four OG teams from Season v1.0. They include:
- Glacier Boyz, owned and led by Quavo, Richard Sherman, Adin Ross and Deestroying.
- Beasts, owned and led by Marshawn Lynch, Miro, and Renee Montgomery
- Zappers, owned and led by Dalvin Cook, Bob Menery, Ronnie2k and Trevor May
- Shoulda Been Stars (SB Stars), formally known as the Wild Aces and the first-ever FCF champions, led by a new ownership group, including Austin Ekeler, Rachel Lindsay, Druski and ASM
For fans plugged into the metaverse, FCF has introduced four new expansion teams for Season 2.0 as part of the league’s brand-new Ballerz Collective, a first-of-its-kind community that provides fans holding FCF Ballerz NFTs with team governance rights, play-to-earn game mechanics, and unique IRL utility and VIP experiences.
The Ballerz Collective teams include:
- Kingpins, led by community leaders of the Gutter Cat Gang community, including former NFL legend Jamal Anderson, King BlackBored, Dr. Dicatrio, Vivek Ravishanker, and SpottieWiFi.
- Bored Ape FC, owned by a group of Bored Ape Yacht Club community leaders, including TropoFarmer, Josh Ong, Jerseyborn, Franklin, Lindsey Byrnes, NFTsAnonymous, Jeff Nicholas, and Spr3adsh33t.
- Knights of Degen, led by the NFT community’s founders and friends, including NFL legends Tiki and Ronde Barber, Cynthia Frelund from NFL Network, Jasmine Maietta from Round21, Drew Austin, Jack Settleman and more.
- Team 8OKI, led by two highly recognized blockchain advocates – famed musician and producer Steve Aoki, and 888, legendary collector and founder of 888 Inner Circle and 888 The New World whose mission is to empower artists, creators and the digital art community.
Season v2.0 opens up on April 16 in the league’s new, state-of-the-art venue at Atlanta’s historic Pratt-Pullman Yards, located just east of downtown Atlanta.
For the first-time ever, fans will be able to experience thrilling FCF games in person, with unique Gameday Fan Experience Passes. Single session and group packages are available now for either afternoon or evening sessions. For the full schedule and to purchase Gameday Fan Experience passes visitpasses.fcf.io
Unleash the Action: Sign up for XFL Insider and Fuel Your Passion for Football!
USFL and XFL Merger: A Deep Dive into the Historic Collaboration
/ 13 hours ago
In this week’s action-packed episode of XFL Week In Review, we break down the...